21 August 2017 |
Top 10 things to do in the Swan Valley 2018 edition
Top 10 Things to do in the Swan Valley
This list was created for those with a day or two to spend in the Swan Valley, or those with overseas visitors that want to get the most out of a day. In the Swan valley you can check off those biog ticket items, koala's and Kangaroo's, as well as a world glass wine region, breweries and fresh local produce.
So here we go, our Top Things to do in the Swan Valley, written by a local who knows!
- Coffee & cake at Taylor’s Art & Coffee House - Perth's Best coffee & art gallery set in a wonderful old farmhouse. Rusty (and rustic!) old machinery is dotted around the venue, a nod to the "olden days" makes for an interesting stoll through whilst looking for the perfect table to claim for the morning.Food is casual yet homemade and tasty. Local artist Jude Taylor is on hand to show you her homewares, ladies handprinted designs on linen and silks and stunning Australian native landscape paintings.
- Breakfast & Lunch at RiverBrook @ Upper Reach; RiverBrook offers small plates and large platters to share and a la carte options. Set in one of the more beautiful spots on the Swan River Valley, overlooking vineyards.
Menu Bookings Phone: 08 9296 3883
- House of Honey – try their fantastic selection of honey samples and all things honey. Lots of fun for kids. Live beehive display behind glass- watch the bees make honey inside the shop.
www.thehouseofhoney.com.au Phone: 08 9296 3635
- Feral Brewing - for the beer lover in your life. Tasting paddles of boutique beer and a great casual vibe. Feral is much awarded and have a devoted following ...so they must be doing something right! Open for dinner on the weekends.
- Nature walk at Bells Rapids; Stunning scenery bordering the Swan River, with plenty of space to relax next to the river, or even kick your shoes off and go for a paddle, after a more (or less) strenuous walk through the walking trails. Beautiful picnic location with BBQ and toilet facilities. There are plenty of photo opportunities, none more exciting than on the bridge over the rapds. Bells Rapids is dog-friendly.
- Oasis Supa Golf & Mini Golf; Supa Golf is a scream, who doesn’t want to play golf with a football-sized golf ball? Great for young and old! Mini Golf always classic family fun!
www.supagolf.com/courses-2/swan-valley Phone 08 9296 5566
- Swan Valley Cuddly Animal Farm on John Street; lots of animals to pet and feed as well as a train ride that will take the little people around. Cuddle rabbits, bottle feed lambs and pet some chicks. A great place for small children and toddlers...create some terrific memories for the littles. P.S- pony rides!
www.cuddlyanimalfarm.com 0424 209 730
- Caversham Wildlife Park, the best place to see more kangaroos together than you’ve ever dreamed of! Get up close and personal with koalas, and snap a selfie. Hand feed the kangaroos and cuddle a wombat. They have loads of native Australian animals, some you can pet and hold, sheep shearing, cows being milked –fun for children and adults of all ages! Recomended to visit in the early morning to allow time for lunch in the afternoon.
www.cavershamwildlife.com.au 08 9248 1984
- Margaret River Chocolate Factory- Chocolate and ice cream- what’s not to love? When your pallet needs a break from all of the wine you have been tasting, you need to finish on a sweet note. Free chocolate samples and wonderful selection, you'll be a kid in a....candy store?!?
Phone 08 9250 1588
- Winery Tours at Upper Reach Winery. Walk the vineyard, discovering the grape varieties that make the Swan Valley region so special then tour our working winery, wine tasting as you go while learning the whole winemaking process.
Sample the wines directly from tank or barrels, like the winemaker.
Enjoy a relaxed 2-course lunch with sweeping views of the vineyard; one of Chef’s fabulous shared platters (your choice of 3) and a seasonal dessert, tea and coffee.
Finish up with a tasting of Tawny and Muscat dessert wines at Cellar Door and some shopping. The cellar door is full of locally made produce, honey, truffles and preserves which make perfect gifts.
There is so much to see and do in the Swan Valley- one day is not enough...we recommend at least an overnight stay at Upper Reach Spa Cottage to really make the most of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you to the Swan Valley!